Friday, February 4, 2011

Daddy Surprises Us At The Park!

I took the cutest little girl to the park the other day. The weather had been beautiful this particular week and Blaine was out of town on business, so we were looking for some outdoor fun. So I dressed Pres up in her favorite new t-shirt (she's in LOVE with Elmo) and to the park we went!

Her favorite part of the park is the slide. She loves to walk up the stairs and slide down all by herself like a big girl. She even walks up the stairs, holding on to the rail, not climbing on her hands and knees like she used to.
She has also learned how to jump, and looks for anything to jump from. She would stay on the slide all day if I let her.

After convincing her that there were other redeeming parts of the playground, I finally got her over to the swing set. For about 2 minutes, she loved it as much as the slide.

So pretty!

While we were at the park, we got a call from Blaine saying that he was on his way home from the airport. He had been gone for a couple of days on business and for the first time ever, Presley had noticed. She woke up every morning asking for "Dadda" and kissed the phone whenever he called. I knew she would be so excited to see him, so I told Blaine to meet us at the park to surprise Presley.

When I saw Blaine's car pull up, I convinced Presley to walk over to the parking lot side of the playground, without letting her see him. When he got close, she finally saw him walking towards her. I'll never forget the look on her face. The next couple of pictures are priceless, so I'll let you narrate them yourself because I haven't quite found the words to say just how perfect they are.








These might just be the most perfect pictures I think I have ever seen.
Welcome home, Dadda...we missed you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment