Friday, August 17, 2012

We're Not Perfect!


Looking back through the blog, it occurred to me that I only seem to put the good stuff on here.  I love to post pictures of all the fun activities we do and somehow manage to leave out all the parts that aren't so attractive.  

You get to see Pres doing all the fun letter activities, but not me in my pajamas frantically printing the pages off the printer while both kids are throwing a fit.  

You see Presley making some yummy French toast, but not the part where I spill egg on the floor or my burn my hand on the pan.

You see the fun pictures of us playing in the rain, but you don't have to hear her screaming for 5 minutes in the garage because it's time to go in for a bath.

It's easy to capture a few pictures of Presley or Beckett smiling and make it seem like that's how it always is around here. 

So, in the spirit of keeping it real, here is what we had to deal with last night.  It's not all rainbows and butterflies around here!

 This is our sweet Presley having a crying fit during dinner.  Why is she crying???  Well, because Blaine and I are so mean and won't let her eat candy for dinner!


 Instead of her dinner, she wanted to eat Smarties.  That's right, those horrible little candies, that aren't even that good, were all she could think about. So for almost 20 minutes, this is what we endured.  The audio was much worse.  Be glad these are just pictures and not video!

 
 Even Becks stopped what he was doing to watch the scene Presley was making.


 I think she was really tired, because when the worst of it was finally over she asked to go lay down and rest for awhile.
 
She told me she wanted to lay down in Mommy's bathtub, with no water, and rest for one minute.
Whatever. At that point, I was in no mood to argue...so for a few minutes she calmed herself down by lying down in my bathtub.

It's never a dull moment around our house.  But you know what...we wouldn't have it any other way! 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, thank you because after reading your blog, I thought your life was perfect! Not kidding. Made me feel like I was doing something wrong. lol Love to read the real stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete