Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Hair Cut


No more mop head or bed head! We finally gave Pres a little haircut. This was such a bittersweet day. On one hand, I hated the thought of cutting any of the hair that was on her head the day she was born. I just kept thinking that what I was cutting was what I had kissed a thousand times in the hospital last August. But I knew she would look so much better with her hair even all the way around.
She had the cutest curl on the right side of her head, but for some reason all the hair on the left side of her head was so short. It was so uneven and really needed to at least look symmetrical. As sad as it was to cut her hair, I knew that even with that sweet little curl gone, she would still be the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.
So after weeks of talking about it and putting it off, we finally bit the bullet and cut her hair. I was so incredibly proud of her. She did so well! I was really scared to actually cut it, so I took it off about 1/8 inch at a time. She patiently let me cut away until we got to an even length all the way around.
I know it sounds silly, but Blaine and I can see a total difference in her hair. I know most people probably can't (since we only took off about 1/4'' of one side of her head), but she looks completely different and grown up now. She is such a doll and we love her so much!

The before shot

The curl (notice it's only on one side)

First cut

It's all even! Isn't she beautiful?

So sweet!

And for those of you wondering (mostly those of you whose names are Mimi or Grammi), NO we did not keep the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment