Monday, June 16, 2014

Planning Ahead

I can't believe I'm saying this, but we've started to plan for Presley's wedding.
I know, I know...it sounds ridiculous...but let me explain. 

A few years ago, I found a link on Pinterest of other ways to use your wedding dress.  Mine has been sitting in a closet for 13+ years (with a huge stain on the front from...I have know clue what) and I was at a loss for what to do.  I came across a site that said to take your wedding dress, photograph your little girl in it, then display it at her wedding.  The precious picture they showed of this little blonde haired girl in her mother's dress was so cute.  I instantly knew I wanted to do this with Pres!  But she was only 2 at the time and would never agree to such a thing. 

 But a few weeks ago, she asked me a bunch of questions about getting married "What do you wear? Who will I marry?  When do I get married?".  My first thought was to lay the whole "You won't marry anyone until you finish medical school, young lady!" speech on her.  But I chose a different approach. I showed her my wedding dress and, to the best of my ability, answered all her questions.  I knew that this was the perfect opportunity to get those pictures I so badly wanted.  So...with Beckett running around creating a mini tornado of toys in the background, we went back into her room and got a few great shots. 

 When it comes time for me to actually display these at her wedding, I will need a few tranquilizers, and few drinks, and a few boxes of tissues to get me through it. But I will be so happy I have these precious moments of my sweet princess captured forever!

Below are the pictures of  my sweet little Presley wearing the same dress I wore when I married her Daddy!
 I thought I looked pretty when I wore it, but I don't even compare to this beauty!!!










 *Side note: The bouquet she's holding is the one Blaine made for my bridal portraits.  I had the great idea to save money and not buy a real bouquet, but instead make my own.  I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some silk flowers.  I spend all night trying to copy this perfect flower bouquet I had seen in a bridal magazine.  Blaine saw how frustrated I was getting and when I was just at the point of tears, sat with me while I showed him what I was trying to do.  In the end, we found a movie on tv and he sat on the floor and made this bouquet for me.  It was perfect and I used it in my portraits and saved it all these years.  I absolutely love that Pres is holding it in the pictures!


Just for fun, here are a few of my bridal portraits from 2001. 







 


1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so beautiful of you BOTH! I may need to steal this idea if you don't mind. :) Mya would love it! I can't believe that bouquet is not real. It looks like real flowers!

    ReplyDelete