Monday, June 21, 2010

First Play Date

Presley and I joined the "Avery Ranch Babies Playgroup" last week. We meet every Wednesday at 10am for a play date. Our neighborhood has so many great groups for stay home moms. The other babies in our playgroup range in age from 10 months to 18 months. Presley is the youngest, but only by two weeks. All the other babies are so cute, and there is about an even number of girls and boys. I'm so excited about that because so far, all of Presley's friends have been boys (ok...so it's just her cousin Logan at this point), but I love the idea of having other little girls for her to play with.

The first play date we went to was at Brushy Creek Park. We all met at the sandbox and let the kids play together. I was a little worried because 1. Presley had never been in sand before, 2. she had never actually "played" with lots of other babies before, and 3. the play date started at the same time she usually goes down for her morning nap. But she did so great. She LOVED the sand! I spent the majority of my time trying to stop her sandy little hand from going into her mouth. She also played really well with the other babies, but was mostly happy to just play with the toys in the sandbox. I was so proud of my big girl!
One of the other moms took some pictures and sent me the ones of Pres. Enjoy!

Pres playing a rake in the sandbox. She played with this for about 10 minutes.

This was such a fun day. I can't wait to do it every week.


No comments:

Post a Comment