Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Mother's Day Tea



Presley's teacher had a Mother's Day Tea for all the moms in her class.  They had been preparing for it for weeks and it was so special! When I walked in Pres ran up to me and said "Welcome to your party, Mommy!  What can I get you to drink?" 

 I told her that I wanted whatever she wanted to drink and her reply was "Oh no, Mommy.  This party isn't for me, it's for you.  You can pick whatever you want."  
You could really tell that they had been practicing what to say and it was so dang cute!




We each had our own place setting complete with a picture, hand print, and a mason jar labeled just for us!



 


 The kids were in charge of serving us.  Her teacher had made cute little finger sandwiches, mini pastries, and big bowl of fruit.  It was so sweet!


 

 After we ate, we got to play a game.  A couple days before the party, Mrs. Benge had all the kids answer some questions about their mom and she wrote them down and had them laminated. At the party, she read each one aloud and we had to guess which mom it was about.
Here's the one that Presley answered about me!

 The last one kind of gave it away :)

After the game, we watched a slideshow her teacher had put together.  It was from pictures she had been taking all year long.  She put it to music and it was just a giant cry fest in that room.  It was so sweet and sad all at the same time.  I just couldn't believe how fast my little baby was growing up.

After we all dried our eyes and wiped away the mascara running down our faces, she gave us our final present.  Each kid had made their mom a key chain.  I love it and I'm never taking it off my keys...ever!



 
  I'm so thankful that I get to be a mom.  
Presley put so much hard work into making this a great party for me.  I feel like the luckiest mom in the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment