Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Beckett Turns One!


I can't believe it has been a year already.  I feel like just yesterday we were driving to the hospital to have this sweet little boy.  But it has been a full year and our precious little Beckett is now one!
Here are some pictures from our little man's birthday!

 The first picture of Beckett as a one year old!

 The usual Noel birthday breakfast: French toast with blueberries and strawberries!

 Sweet birthday kisses!


 Beckett's 12 month birthday cake was carrot with cream cheese frosting.  It might seem random, but this was a very deliberate choice of cake flavors. Last year, the week before Beckett was born, all I wanted was carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  I mentioned it everyday to Blaine and  begged him to go buy me a piece from anywhere.  For my birthday, he and Presley surprised me by baking one for me.  It was so good!!!
About 9:00pm the night before my c-section, I had a giant piece with vanilla ice cream.  It was the last thing I ate before meeting my sweet little boy the next morning...and I guess the last thing Beckett ate too.  I thought it was only appropriate that this be the flavor for his last monthly birthday cake.


 


Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Beckett,
Happy birthday to you!





 After eating cake and having a bath to wash off all the cake, it was time for our family birthday tradition.  Daddy reads "The Birthday Bird" and "The Day You Were Born".



 Beckett got bored and starting reading on his own half way through, but Presley was happy to sit and listen.


This was such a bittersweet day.  I am so happy that our son is happy, healthy, and growing up...but sad that he is one step closer to not being a baby anymore.  
With that being said, he can have 101 birthdays, but he will still always be our little baby boy.

We love you, Becks!
Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment