Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Playing in the Rain

One of Blaine and Presley's favorite things to do together is play in the rain.  Pres gets so excited when she hears the rain and 9 times out of 10, she'll talk Blaine into taking her outside to play in it.  I'm usually inside with Beckett, cleaning the kitchen, or occasionally I'll go sit on the porch swing and just watch them play together.  

The other day it started to rain and Pres asked me to go out with her.  I'm not a fan of getting wet and I've never done it before, but for some reason on this particular day, it sounded like fun...so I agreed.

I am so glad I did!  I had a blast out there with her and I don't think I have ever seen her smile quite so big. Even though it was raining really hard and the thunder was unbelievably loud, she could have stayed out there for hours.  I love how such a simple pleasure, like playing in the rain, gave her such tremendous joy.

When I'm old and gray and only have a handful of memories to hold on to, I sure hope this is one of them!











No comments:

Post a Comment