Tuesday, October 28, 2014

School Bus!

I swore up and down that Presley would never ride the bus!
I mean seriously, who just let the school put their kid on the bus and hopes they make it home okay???
I did everything I could to stop this from happening...but as it turns out, I'm no match for Presley.  

She has been begging me to let her ride the bus home since before school even started.  I told her kindergarteners were not allowed to ride the bus.  That only lasted the first day when she saw that half her class were bus riders. 
 I told her that buses were hot and stinky and really loud.  That didn't last long either because all her friends at school and on our street told her how much fun the bus was. 
After weeks of begging, I told her that if she behaved all week, maybe I would consider letting her ride the bus on Friday afternoon.  Well, she was an angel all week long so I had no other choice. She got her way...we let her ride the bus home.

 Blaine came home early from work and we all walked down to the bus stop to wait for her. 

I had visions of Presley running off the bus crying.  As I scooped her up she would say "Mommy, you were so right. I should've listened to you. The bus is horrible. Please let me be a car rider again."



 Finally, we heard the loud rumble of the bus coming down the street.
As it pulled up, I was ready for whatever may come next. My feet were planted in a stance that would allow me to take off and run to her if she looks upset.



The bus stopped and the doors opened...



 I could see her orange shirt, but her face was still down.  
Was she crying? Was she scared?  I couldn't tell yet.



  
She finally made it down the steps of the bus.
 I was ready.  
The moment of truth of here.
And then I saw this...


 The biggest darn smile I have ever seen on this child.
There were no tears, no sobs, no "You were right, Mommy!".
Just pure joy!
First words out of her mouth were "I love the bus!!!!!"

 In fact, she loves it so much that she rides it to school now too! 
I tried fighting that one too, but at some point, when you know you're beat...you just gotta end the fight.
My sweet girl is growing up so fast and although I wish I could keep her a baby forever, I'm so proud of her independence. 
Way to go, Pres!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment